ADVANTAGES OF USING A MOBILE VET
- Less stress for your pet. Car rides are stressful for many pets, especially for cats and any geriatric pet. Also, many pets become very stressed going into a veterinary hospital. It often is easier to get an accurate picture of your pet’s condition at home where they may be more relaxed. Mobile veterinary care can also be less stressful for you, the owner. We eliminate the problem of loading pets in carriers and cars, driving them to the clinic, waiting to be seen and driving them home. This means less wasted time for you.
- One-on-one attention with the vet. Many veterinary hospitals schedule appointments every 15 minutes. We allot 1 hour or more for appointments. We want to take the time to thoroughly evaluate your pet, develop a plan, answer all your questions and address concerns.
- All pets (dogs and cats) in the household may be seen in one visit. This can be very helpful for multi-pet households.
- Less exposure to contagious diseases and parasites. This is especially important for the very young, geriatric or immune compromised patients.
- When the time for euthanasia comes, you can give your pet a peaceful, stress free transition in the place where they are most comfortable.
Although mobile veterinary services have many advantages, we do have some limitations:
- We don’t provide emergency services due to the nature of the practice and the service area covered. Please know the location of the nearest daytime and after hour veterinary hospitals. If you have questions about this please let us know and we can assist you in locating facilities. *The exception to this is that euthanasia appointments may be scheduled on an emergency basis. Dr Hays will always work euthanasia appointments in as needed.
- If hospitalization, surgery, dental procedures or imaging is recommended, Dr Hays will be happy to provide a referral to the appropriate facility if needed.
- Our practice is limited to dogs and cats only.