What you need to know about our house visit.
New Patients Welcome
Mobile Cat & Dog Vet takes the current COVID-19 pandemic very seriously and is closely monitoring the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control, the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and the Oregon Department of Health. At this time, I am still welcoming new appointments for at-home euthanasia services and palliative care/senior care. Appointments by video consult are available for palliative care, quality of life assessments and most senior care. If anything changes, I will provide an update.
Here For You
While this is a very stressful time for all, we recognize the heartbreak that you may be experiencing as you face difficult decisions for your pet. My goal during this time is to be here to support you through the loss of your beloved friend and to help your pet say goodbye peacefully and gently at home. I will work to continue providing services while minimizing risks.
To ensure that I can continue to provide help to pet families I have adopted the following changes to help clients and staff stay safe.
What We’re Doing
Increasing the level and frequency of cleaning and disinfecting surfaces and taking extra hygiene and distancing precautions for each home visit. This includes:
- Washing hands before and after each home visit
- Using hand sanitizer before, during and after each home visit
- Disinfecting all belongings that others may have touched or have been brought into the home
- If weather permits the appointment can be performed outside to maximize distancing
What Is Needed From You
- Let me know if you or anyone in your family has been ill with COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath, flu-like symptoms). If you or anyone in your household is feeling ill, please cancel your appointment. We can reschedule when it is safe to do so.
- If any member of your household has been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 or has been diagnosed with COVID-19, even if they appear healthy, please cancel your appointment.
- If you or anyone in your household is feeling ill, please cancel your visit. We can reschedule when it is safe to do so.
- Prepayment for the visit is available. A link to the invoice to pay online can be texted or emailed or a credit card payment may be made over the phone.
- Outdoor visits are strongly encouraged when possible to minimize risk
I recognize that there are inherent risks with all types of social contact. I do have some level of inevitable risk of exposure, just as the general public does, due to the activities of daily living.
As this situation unfolds there may be additional recommendations from the CDC, AVMA or Oregon Department of Health. Any changes will be monitored, and adjustments will be made as necessary. If anything changes, I will provide an update.